Smile and Look Not Here
I love taking pictures of life as it is being lived. As I was looking through my photo albums, I like best the photos that were not posed for. The photos that capture people in their unsuspecting moments. Life is in motion, no one stopped, posed and smiled at a camera. No matter how photogenic one is, and yes, you argue, you might even be truly happy when smiling at a camera, there is still something quite contrived. Perhaps it is the knowledge that someone is capturing you on film and it is imperative to look one's best (or otherwise burn that photo later). You become extremely self-conscious. Is my hair in place? Is my smile wide enough? Do I look fat? Having to "pose" already suggests that one has to assume an expression or a state of mind that is unnatural.
Hence began my secret obessesion. I see people in their own private world, exhibiting their true state of mind, and I snap away. Realise how the smallest of joys are manifested into pure bliss by children? Life is thus lived.
Hence began my secret obessesion. I see people in their own private world, exhibiting their true state of mind, and I snap away. Realise how the smallest of joys are manifested into pure bliss by children? Life is thus lived.

1 Comments:
At 12:58 PM,
Anonymous said…
hi miao
thanks for your encouragement..
really appreciated
im really fine.. trying to pick up pieces of my life and to move on..
will miss you guys for christmas..
jeslyn
Post a Comment
<< Home