A New Beginning
Happy New Year Everyone! Ok, so I'm a couple days late (surely there is no need to get down to the technicalities??), but if you realised, I haven't been updating this blog, so this is a big step for me to finally get working on it. Yes, I've been busy, oops, I mean lazy.
2006 started with a bang, or perhaps that was the sharp pain in my ears when Fann Wong decided to usher in the new year with her singing on national TV. And I thought you are supposed to start a new year on a good note (pun unintended).
As with all endings and beginnings, I hope you had the time to reflect on 2005 and look towards 2006 with hope. For yours truly, 2005 was a year of many events, changes, experiences, highs and lows. It was a contradiction of all sorts.
I graduated from university, but entered the workforce; gained credibility as a graduate, lost credibility as a fresh graduate; lost biased professors, gained biased bosses; lost exams, gained daily scrutiny; lost allowance, gained financial liabilities and responsibilities; gained purchasing power, lost personal time; ate more, exercised less; lost friends, gained colleagues; met people from all over the world, appreciated people at home better; rubbed shoulders with the rich and powerful, realised that such status will never be attained by mere mortals.
It was a roller-coaster ride to say the least. Can't really tell if there were more highs or lows, or the gains outweighed the losses, but through it all, lessons were learnt, experiences gained, horizons widened and personality molded. With hindsight bias, I will say that it was a pretty good year.
But 2006 is here, and with it, renewed hope of a better tomorrow. Much can happen in 12 months, and I am excited to find out what lies ahead. Where would I be 12 months from now? How will I turn out? A new year represents a new beginning.
To all those who made up my 2005, thank you very much, I enjoyed your presence, look forward to spending 2006 with you!
Have a fabulous year ahead everyone! May the new year bring lots of love, happiness and hope! Cheers!
2006 started with a bang, or perhaps that was the sharp pain in my ears when Fann Wong decided to usher in the new year with her singing on national TV. And I thought you are supposed to start a new year on a good note (pun unintended).
As with all endings and beginnings, I hope you had the time to reflect on 2005 and look towards 2006 with hope. For yours truly, 2005 was a year of many events, changes, experiences, highs and lows. It was a contradiction of all sorts.
I graduated from university, but entered the workforce; gained credibility as a graduate, lost credibility as a fresh graduate; lost biased professors, gained biased bosses; lost exams, gained daily scrutiny; lost allowance, gained financial liabilities and responsibilities; gained purchasing power, lost personal time; ate more, exercised less; lost friends, gained colleagues; met people from all over the world, appreciated people at home better; rubbed shoulders with the rich and powerful, realised that such status will never be attained by mere mortals.
It was a roller-coaster ride to say the least. Can't really tell if there were more highs or lows, or the gains outweighed the losses, but through it all, lessons were learnt, experiences gained, horizons widened and personality molded. With hindsight bias, I will say that it was a pretty good year.
But 2006 is here, and with it, renewed hope of a better tomorrow. Much can happen in 12 months, and I am excited to find out what lies ahead. Where would I be 12 months from now? How will I turn out? A new year represents a new beginning.
To all those who made up my 2005, thank you very much, I enjoyed your presence, look forward to spending 2006 with you!
Have a fabulous year ahead everyone! May the new year bring lots of love, happiness and hope! Cheers!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home